Thursday, April 7, 2011

just not feeling it

I don’t think I’ve ever had writer’s block this bad. I’ve been sitting here for the past 15 minutes, rubbing my eyes, scratching my head – doing basically anything and everything that could help get an idea into my head. All I get is nothing. Nothing....wait let me try again.........nope nothing.
I’m only human and so it can’t be expected that I be ‘on’ all the time. But the world doesn’t care about that little detail. Not school, university, work, your parents, your lecturers, your better half... none of them. If you’re sad then you should be allowed to feel sad. If you’re angry, be angry. If you’re stressed out and tired then you should be able to unwind. The big problem I think is that people aren’t given the opportunity to deal with what they’re feeling. They’re just expected to smile and be happy and get good results and stay on top of things all the damn time.
Like I know my attitude isn’t ideal with everything that’s going on but who cares. I’m just not feeling all of this. Oh, that doesn’t mean I’m going to curl up in a little ball in a dark hole somewhere and get comfortable. No ways. I’m just enjoying this little moment and then I’ll get over it. I know that a lot of you feel or felt this way at some point, so my advice to you is feel whatever you are feeling. (Don’t let people tell you how you should and shouldn’t be feeling.) Express the way you are feeling (in a healthy way of course) and then pick yourself up, dust your shoulder off and get on with the show. It feels good, I promise J

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that I can feel. Sometimes we tend to forget and just bottle things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true...sometimes things in life just get too hectic. It's almost impossible ti be you in those times and an 'emo' session is indeed needed.

    ReplyDelete